Last updated on: August 17th, 2017.
If you want to know how to get rid of forehead wrinkles quickly, then Botox For Forehead Lines is the effective ways, and the best treatment for deep frown lines (in addition to laser treatment for forehead wrinkles), instead of forehead wrinkles home remedies that are only able to get rid of wrinkles in a relatively long time.
But before you go for Botox for the forehead wrinkles, better you find out all things about it, like: How does it work? How many units of Botox for frown lines? How fast does Botox work? Botox Cost? Who is a Good Candidate for Botox? Are there side effects? What to avoid before, during, and after Botox? How often should you do botox?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Botox?
- 2 Who Makes Botox
- 3 How Does Botox Work
- 4 Botox For Forehead Wrinkles: Who Can Do Botox Injections?
- 5 Is Botox For Forehead Lines Permanent?
- 6 How Many Units Of Botox For Forehead Lines
- 7 How Much Does Botox Cost?
- 8 Botox For Forehead Lines Side Effects
- 9 Who Should Not Get Botox
- 10 Are You Ready For Botox?
- 10.1 What To Avoid Before Botox For Forehead Lines
- 10.1.1 1. Choose the best doctor you can afford.
- 10.1.2 2. Transparent with your doctor
- 10.1.3 3. Make sure that Botox is a type of proper treatment for wrinkles in your forehead.
- 10.1.4 4. Set your Botox schedule at least six weeks before the day of execution
- 10.1.5 5. Understand the costs
- 10.1.6 6. Keep yourself from medicines that can thin the blood – at least one week before Botox.
- 10.1.7 7. Don’t be afraid to ask
- 10.1.8 8. Have realistic expectations
- 10.1.9 9. Mistakes happen, even with the best doctor
- 10.2 What to do DURING Botox
- 10.3 What to do AFTER Botox
- 10.3.1 1. Do not touch your forehead and make sure to keep it upright.
- 10.3.2 2. Avoid heavy physical activity
- 10.3.3 3. Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking
- 10.3.4 4. Avoid getting facials, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and the likes
- 10.3.5 5. Avoid using the drug that can thin the blood
- 10.3.6 6. Contact your doctor
- 10.1 What To Avoid Before Botox For Forehead Lines
- 11 Conclusion
What Is Botox?
Botulinum toxin, more commonly known as Botox, derived from the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum inactivated; also called Botulinum toxin type A.
In large numbers, Botulinum Clostridium toxins can cause muscle paralysis known as botulism, which is typically associated with food poisoning.
Even so, the scientists have discovered a safe way how to use these bacteria to human benefits, namely Botox in a small amount of diluted can be directly injected into the muscle, causing the muscle relaxation.
U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) had approved the use of Botox in the 1980s when scientists discovered that BOTOX could stop diseases such as blepharospasm (uncontrolled blinking) and strabismus (lazy eye). Accordingly, you do not need to worry because Botox is one type of treatment which has already officially recognized by the U.S.A Government.
Who Makes Botox
What Company Makes Botox? Allergan (AGN), is a corporation that produces Botox.
How Does Botox Work
The brain sends electrical messages to the muscles throughout the body so that they can be contractions and moving. The message is transmitted to the muscle by a substance called Acetylcholine.
What does Botox do to your face?
Botox is injected in slight amounts into the muscle that is desired by patients with the aim of blocking the release of Acetylcholine; consequently, the muscles do not receive a message to do contractions or moving, this means that the muscle spasms (movements which cause the wrinkles on the forehead) can be stopped or at least drastically reduced after using Botox, according to American Society Of Plastic Surgeons.
When Will Botox Take Effect?
After a Botox injection, usually within 7-14 days, you’ll see your forehead muscles become weak gradually and ultimately become relaxed (not taut). It means that you’ve managed to get rid of wrinkles on your forehead.
Botox For Forehead Wrinkles: Who Can Do Botox Injections?
The injection of Botox is a medical procedure so that only a professional trained medical expert and experienced who can give Botox injections.
Here are the things you should consider before deciding to do the injection of Botox:
- The rule of law State: in the US, each State regulates who can do Botox treatments legally. Some States regulate only a licensed physician can do Botox treatment. An example of an exception are New York, California, Texas, Oklahoma and Florida, a health care professional other than a physician is allowed to inject the Botox to patients (of course under the supervision of a doctor).
- Service provider of Botox that you choose should be qualified, already trained and registered in the State. You can do a quick search on the internet about that information.
- Make sure the clinic or service providers of Botox that you choose has a medical equipment are complete and in compliance with government standards. And make sure that the place is also clean and sterile, to minimize the complications after Botox injection.
Is Botox For Forehead Lines Permanent?
Unfortunately, the Botox does not give permanent results. How long do Botox injections last? According to WebMD, in General, the duration of effects from Botox is around 3-6 month. This occurs because, after that period, acetylcholine receptors that were previously blocked by Botox became active again naturally.
The muscles that were already weak and relaxed, able to perform the contract and move freely again following the movement of your forehead. As a result, your forehead wrinkles become reappear.
How Often Should You Get Botox?
Because Botox is not permanent, it will fade away gradually. So if you want your lines to disappear again, then you should do again injecting Botox. That is why Botox is usually advised to do at least once every six months.
How Many Units Of Botox For Forehead Lines
How many units of Botox are needed for your forehead is depending on the area to be treated.
Units Of Botox For Forehead:
According to Dr.Arthur Perry, MD, FACs on The Dr. OZ Show, to treat horizontal forehead lines usually, requires about 10 to 20 units of Botox.
For vertical lines between the eyebrows need between 13-30 units of Botox, while crow’s feet need 8-20 units on each side, and bunny lines require 5-10 units.
How Much Does Botox Cost?
The cost of Botox injections for wrinkles varies between one place with other places, among the practitioners of one with other doctors.
So you should inquire directly with your doctor how much does it cost that he or she asked for.
The Approximate Cost For Botox Injection
The doctor Usually sets the price of Botox in two ways, namely:
1. Botox For Forehead Wrinkles Cost: Cost Per unit
Some practitioners apply charge based on the number of units of Botox are injected.
Allergen (that produces Botox) sells Botox in units of 50, 100 and 200 vial bottle. One vial contains 100 units of Botox.
In the United States, the average cost of Botox forehead is applied by practitioners, about $9 up to $20 per unit, depending on the State where you live.
For other countries (In addition to the United States), certainly would be different. You can do a search on the internet how exactly the cost per unit in your country.
Although Botox cost depending on the State where you live, you can calculate the average cost of Botox treatments as follows:
As the image for you, on average it takes about 20 units to treat horizontal forehead lines.
If we take the price range $15 (halfway between $9 and $20), then the necessary cost around $300.
Again, these costs are merely estimates. For exactly, ask directly to your doctor how much does it cost that he or she asked for, also consult how many units of Botox you need (each person would have been different isn’t it?).
Also, make sure also that the vial of Botox opened by practitioners in front of you, so you can be sure that it’s new and fresh.
2. Botox Cost Per Area
The cost of Botox for forehead around $250 up to $500 for each zone are injected Botox.
For examples, if we take the price range $375 (halfway between $250 and $500), to treat “11s” horizontal forehead lines, then the necessary cost around $750.
If we pay attention, then between the cost per unit and cost per area are very different. We, therefore, assume that it could lead to fraud committed by the practitioner towards his patients.
Service providers can dilute the Botox with a ratio of whatever they want without known with certainty by the patient how many actual amounts of Botox they received.
If I’m a practitioner, indeed I would have chosen a more beneficial calculation for me, whether it’s per unit or area.
Therefore make sure you’ve consulted with at least two practitioners (more is better) before doing the Botox.
Ask how many Botox units you need, whether it is better to use the calculation per unit or area.
A good doctor and caring towards his patient would say honestly about Botox that you need.
Botox For Forehead Lines Side Effects
Is Botox safe? The Botox is very safe when done by an experienced doctor. However, in some cases, Botox can cause a range of side effects.
According to Mayo Clinic, these problems may occur if an error occurs at the time of the placement of the injections, so the drug spread to adjacent tissues.
Side Effects Of Botox Injections
The side effects of Botox injections in Forehead that may occur:
- Pain or bruising on the spot injected.
This is the most common effect. But you don’t need to worry because bruises will disappear in a short time. Pain or bruising is common, not just after doing Botox but also after doing other types of treatments, especially those that relate to syringes.
- Headaches usually will end within the next 24 to 48 hours.
- Botox side effects on eyes:
Eyelid Drooping will usually disappear after three weeks.
- Crooked smile.
In addition to the side effects that occur on the forehead, effects of the Botulinum Toxin can also spread to other parts of the body. Therefore be sure to contact your doctor immediately if you experience one of the few side effects below.
- Muscle weakness all over the body,
- Vision problems,
- Trouble speaking or swallowing
- Trouble breathing
- Loss of bladder control
Who Should Not Get Botox
In the United States, the FDA has approved Botox cosmetic for those aged 18-65 years.
In addition to the limit of age, people who have the disease or symptoms below, are not recommended doing Botox injection.
- People who are pregnant or breastfeeding, not recommended doing botox injection, including on the forehead.
- Individuals who are allergic to the ingredients in Botox or Botox Cosmetic is not recommended doing Botox injection.
- Allergic to the other brand’s botulinum toxins (such as Myobloc, Dysport Xeomin or) or have any side effects from this product in the past.
- Have a skin infection or other conditions in areas to be done Botox injection.
- Breathing problems, such as asthma.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Problems of bleeding.
- There are plans to carry out operations, be it surgery for diseases or other types of it.
- Not long ago did a surgery of the face.
- Have eyelid drooping.
Are You Ready For Botox?
Botox is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that is very popular nowadays.
There are millions of people in the U.S. who do Botox every year to get rid of wrinkles on the forehead.
Botox is so popular and relatively simple, but there are still a few things you need to know before you decide to do your first Botox.
What To Avoid Before Botox For Forehead Lines
The following are things what to do before Botox for forehead wrinkles:
1. Choose the best doctor you can afford.
There is a big difference between knowing who can inject and who should inject Botox because the laws in each State vary.
However, to get the best results and minimize the side effects of Botox, you should choose a doctor or experts who are already certified and experienced.
2. Transparent with your doctor
For the sake of safety and minimizing Botox side effects, be honest to your doctor about your medical history. Thus, the doctor can determine if you are a good candidate to get botox cosmetic or vice versa.
Tell your doctor about your history:
- What medications or supplements you take not long ago
- Do you have any allergies
- Whether you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you plan to become pregnant soon.
- Do you have a particular disease
- And also other things that are on your mind.
3. Make sure that Botox is a type of proper treatment for wrinkles in your forehead.
An experienced practitioner, surely he or she can assess what the best choice for you are. Like, should you get Botox or enough with the filler to eliminate wrinkles on your forehead?
4. Set your Botox schedule at least six weeks before the day of execution
Although Botox Treatments only take about five days to get the full effect, of course, there remains the risk that may occur during implementation.
With the preparation of mature, then the expected you can get the maximum results from Botox without the slightest problem.
5. Understand the costs
You must know the charge that needs to be prepared and make sure that you pay exactly for what you get.
6. Keep yourself from medicines that can thin the blood – at least one week before Botox.
Medications that you need to avoid are:
- Fish oil
- Vitamin E
- And the type of other drugs that you can ask for your doctor (that’s one reason why you should consult before doing Botox).
By avoiding the above medications, then you can minimize the potential occurrence of bruising and soreness after implementation of Botox.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask
Make a list of questions that you have in mind and don’t hesitate to ask your doctor before implementation of Botox.
8. Have realistic expectations
Botox results, in General, will be fascinating. However, you may get results that are not as perfect as you wanted. Have realistic expectations can save you from unnecessary disappointment.
9. Mistakes happen, even with the best doctor
The most common impact that maybe occurs after doing Botox for forehead lines is the droopy eyelid, which can be caused due to the fault of injection placement. But the good news is, it is very rare.
Nevertheless, to make sure you don’t get those bad impacts, make sure you do some things (which are described after this) during the implementation of Botox.
What to do DURING Botox
If you’ve done all the preparation before doing Botox, as already described above, then during implementation, there are little things that you should do. It is just for the sake of your comfort.
Here is that you should do during the Botox:
- Trying to relax and enjoy, if you are afraid of needles, as much as possible don’t squirm during the implementation of Botox, to minimizing injection position error.
- Use an Ice pack
The use of ice before, during and after Botox can reduce the bruise on your forehead. So maybe you can ask your doctor to get some ice for your forehead.
What to do AFTER Botox
Here are some things what to do or what not to do after Botox injections
1. Do not touch your forehead and make sure to keep it upright.
Do not touch it and rub the skin area where Botox injected, for at least 24 hours after Botox.
If you rub it, then it will make the fluid Botox spread to other muscles. If that happens, then you can get a lot of side effects like the ones we have already explained earlier (see the side effects of Botox).
Be sure to keep your forehead upright at least 2-4 hours after Botox that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go to bed. But make sure your forehead always position above, if you go to
One thing you have to remember, incorrect sleeping postures can cause the appearance of wrinkles in your forehead.
See more: Cause of Forehead wrinkles
2. Avoid heavy physical activity
To keep Botox does not spread to other muscles.
3. Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking
Instead of reducing wrinkles on the forehead, alcohol, and smoking can trigger the development of wrinkles on your forehead.
4. Avoid getting facials, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and the likes
Avoid all of them at least for 24 hours after getting Botox.
5. Avoid using the drug that can thin the blood
6. Contact your doctor
If you are experiencing side effects from Botox injection, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Above all things that you should know before deciding Botox For Forehead Lines.
Thanks for reading. We hope you learned a lot about Botox.
If you choose Botox injection for your deep forehead lines, we hope it gives you great results as you wanted.
Feel free to share your experience or to ask the questions about Botox for forehead wrinkles in the comments below.
If you found this post helps you on how to get rid of forehead wrinkles quickly with Botox, then share with your friends, Because Sharing is caring.